We ❤ solar.
As you might have guessed, we are just so darn passionate about spreading the word when it comes to the benefits of making the switch to solar powered energy! We couldn’t be happier to see the massive growth of solar over these past few years as countless homes in Hawaii and across the world have discovered just how much it can do for their energy needs. Having said that, solar power isn’t just for larger applications and designs: it can actually give some flair and heaping helping of energy optimization for an increasing number of your everyday activities, and today we’d like to share a few of them with you!
- Phone chargers: this one is a no-brainer! What better way to show the planet some love than to give your phone some juice from the sun’s rays instead of from electricity, especially since our phones are at once vital to modern life and seemingly always in need of a charge? Some of these handy chargers can be affixed to your windows, while others are designed to be portable and can be taken on the go.
- Portable device chargers: and why stop there? The rapid improvements in design and efficiency for all things solar has continued to result in tantalizing new designs to keep you powered up on the go. From portable batteries and charging stations to even solar-powered clothing (!), there’s sure to be an application for you to make your summer a little bit cooler, and a whole lot brighter, and quite a bit more fashionable, if we do say so ourselves.
- Solar-powered speakers: What’s better than a lively beat and a timeless melody? A classic tune that’s brought to you by the magical power of ka la, that’s what! As if keeping the good times rolling wasn’t enough, many of the current models also come with USB ports that allow you to simultaneously charge any wayward gadgets that might need some extra juice as you party down at the beach, the pool, or just in the comfort of your own backyard.
- Gadgets and gizmos: Would you be excited at the prospect of powering your home security cameras or wireless keyboard via solar energy? ‘Cos we sure are! New applications are being discovered all the time, with many more to come in the near future.
- Solar lighting for the backyard ‘Ohana: many recent designs combine the beautiful luminescence of LED lighting with the clean, green power of solar-based technology, making your next outdoor gathering a sight to behold. There are a number of different designs and aesthetically-pleasing options for eco-friendly lighting, all without needing to make extra space for those pesky, entangled extension cords!
No matter if you’re looking to establish energy independence by just wanting to keep your technology fully charged, solar powered energy continues to improve the way in which we keep our world powered on. Mahalo for stopping by, and we’ll see you at the beach!